Saturday, April 26, 2008

I Want to Rock

The only way I know to rock is to keep dragging my sorry butt up High Rock Road. I have yet to fully exploit this training tool, but I believe that it will be key to my performance in Wenatchee.

During the return trip I took High Bridge Road and took the left up Elliot. That road has been closed for some time, but is now open. Elliot dumps me out on Old Broadway right by 164th - a great little climb up to Hwy 9 that pitches up to 20%. I use it as a gage for how strong my legs feel. I am weak today and need to find my climbing legs again. Have my legs atrophied? Do I need to hit the weights again? I have not lifted since February.
Do weights really matter at this point?

I did High Rock this evening instead of weights. I was able to get out for a second ride today. First one this AM was short and sweet 20 miles for an hour down to Snohomish and back. Tonight, I did 40 just to get out to High Rock and back. Finally, my first ride in short sleeves and shorts!
I hit the climb and wanted to maintain a more constant effort. Averaged 13mph HR avg 177 Max 186. Time: 19:00 min, I still need to take a couple minutes off, but I am improving and the season is young.

I have been having problems with my Garmin. I looked at my profile this evening and it had changed to female, 150lbs, max HR 185. No wonder my zones were off. Corrected my profile. I have been pretty stable around 175 lbs. I will probably lose 5lbs in Spain during June's ride through the Pyrenees.

No comments: