Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Snohomish Loop

Bugged out of work early today. Working in an office in Everett for the next 4-6 weeks. Met my training partner at the Bicycle Centres in Everett. I show up with the rain bike and he's got his Orbea Opal nice match-up. He let me pick the route. I could not tell where the wind was coming from -everywhere at once and hard. We had about an hour so I wanted to get the most out of our ride.

We headed down 52 toward Lowell and turned South down Lowell-Larimer Rd. Maintaining tempo until Gravel Hill Road (before Seattle Hill Rd). We connected up with Seattle Hill Road and cut down through Silver Firs - fantastic road surface. We kept a decent tempo down 132nd to Hwy 9 and passed all the cars on Hwy 9 in rush hour traffic. We went around Harvey Field and headed back to Everett along the Lowell-River Road (Massive head wind). I kept the tempo up and pulled my training partner across the flats - he took a short pull and had enough. Finally, back up 52 from Lowell back to the Bicycle Centres.

The ride felt good. I work harder with another rider in tow. I don't think that I will do my 20/20's tonight. I was spent. Spirited ride with good tempo. Average cadence 82 with just over 1000 ft of elevation.

No comments: