Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Thought Yesterday Was Windy

Wow!
I had an hour after work to ride tonight. Dry roads and decent conditions. Very windy though. I admit that I felt tired and had heavy legs. I had several decent sprint intervals - the best one came at the end of the last major climb. I saw the green light at 132nd coming up from Seattle Hill Rd and went for it. It turned yellow and like a non-sprinter I was on the hoods. I need to practice hand placement on the bars.
I am very tired and need to get a good night sleep. I expect good weather on Saturday for the Volunteer Park Crit

1 comment:

Andrew F Martin said...

Hopefully you're taking today super easy. If you haven't ridden yet - getting in a nice 30 minutes on the trainer with a couple openers (1 min bursts focused on high leg speed) will help to keep your legs ready for tomorrow. A good warm up can have similar effect, but doing it today will only make your legs more responsive tomorrow.